Position : Big Data Engineer (AWS / Java / Kafka)
Location : London
Salary : £600 per day – 6 months contract
We am currently on the look-out for a Big Data Engineer (AWS / Java / Kafka) to join a leading Marketing and Advertising agency based in Central London, close to Paddington station.
As the Big Data Engineer (AWS / Java / Kafka) in this team, you will participate in the design, development, implementation and testing of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services.
You will work side-by-side with other talented engineers and developers in a team-oriented, Agile software engineering environment.
Previous position as a Software Engineer is essential.
• Passion for writing code and learning new disciplines
• Value for continual learning
• Own delivery of features from top to bottom, from concept to code to production
• Work closely with product owners to shape and deliver features to customers
• 5+ years of programming experience with Scala, Python or Java
• Experience in engineering data pipelines using Big Data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, etc. on large scale unstructured data sets
• Experience working with RESTful APIs and web services
• Conceptual understanding of modern software engineering patterns, including those used in highly scalable, distributed, and resilient systems
• Experience developing and delivering systems on at least one major public cloud platform: AWS, Azure, GCP or similar
• Desirable skills for the Big Data Engineer include :
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field would be of great value
• Experience working with AWS Lambda
• Experience developing microservices-based architectures, including distributed messaging patterns
What’s in it for the Big Data Engineer (AWS / Java / Kafka)?
• Competitive contract day rate
• Agile environment working with some of the most talented Big Data enthusiasts in the world
• A company that loves to retain good contractors … finish up doing a fantastic job with one project and jump straight into a new one!
• Flexible working hours will be implemented in Q2
Pre-Requisite: You must have the legal right/permit to work in the UK
If this is you and you would like to apply, please send your CV and covering letter today.
LIVE ROLES: If you’re looking for that ideal job in the IT Sector then look no further than Tech Hunters, we specialise exclusively in the IT sector. We currently have many live roles across the UK. Tech hunters markets include Business Intelligence, Development IT & Legal IT. Tech Hunters operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
FORWARD A FRIEND: We offer a very competitive referral program. So if you know anyone looking for a new challenge, send an email with your contact details and their CV to us – you could earn up to £250 for your discretionary effort.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com